Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Memorial Day

At 7:50am, my day began.

As Paul enjoyed a lazy start to his day off, playing on the Wii...

...Emma and I jumped in the van for the 10 minute drive to the high school. She boarded a bus and traveled to three communities to perform at Memorial Day services.

I went home, grabbed my ipod and went for a neighborhood walk !

At 11:00am we went to the Village Green for the Memorial Day service.

Emma had the honor of singing the National Anthem...

..and playing TAPS.

We watched the parade...

...listened to the band...

...and took in our beautiful community.

For lunch I fixed Italian sandwiches served with tortilla chips and raspberry lemonade!

We spent the afternoon doing yard work...

...sweeping the driveway...

...raking...

...and doing MORE raking!

We enjoyed a fabulous BBQ dinner of marinated steak, pasta salad, deviled eggs, corn-on-the-cob, watermelon slices...

...and marble cake with chocolate frosting...

...which we enjoyed while watching an old war movie.

As we prepare to end our beautiful Memorial Day, we give thanks to all those who serve or who have served. Thank you for making a day like today possible for me and my family...and countless other families too. We will not forget your sacrifices.

No comments:

Post a Comment