Saturday, May 14, 2011

Love Rain O'er Me

I'm listening to the sound of rain outside my bedroom window tonight. In a little while I will be lulled to sleep by its song. I love to fall asleep listening to the rain. The sound is so soothing. It quiets my brain as I drift off, allowing me to focus on the patterns I hear, rather than the traffic of my day.

One night last fall, I slipped out the door and went outside in the rain. I walked around feeling the water on my face. My family, warmly tucked inside the dry house, had no idea I'd left. I walked down our driveway and looked back at our house with its windows lit up and I smiled. The phrase "she doesn't know enough to come in out of the rain" came to mind. But there is something magical about being out in the rain. And let's face it, there's little sexier than being kissed in the rain. Musicians sing of rain repeatedly. We all know of the romance and the power it contains.

When I learned years back of the spelling of The Who song "Love Reign O'er Me" I have to say I was a little disappointed. But once I listened to the lyrics of the song, all was forgiven.


Only love
Can make it rain
The way the beach is kissed by the sea
Only love
Can make it rain
Like the sweat of lovers
Laying in the fields.

Love, Reign o'er me
Love, Reign o'er me, rain on me

Only love
Can bring the rain
That makes you yearn to the sky
Only love
Can bring the rain
That falls like tears from on high

Love Reign O'er me

On the dry and dusty road
The nights we spend apart alone
I need to get back home to cool cool rain
I can't sleep and I lay and I think
The night is hot and black as ink
Oh God, I need a drink of cool cool rain

No comments:

Post a Comment