Thursday, July 21, 2011

Get Me to the Water

It's hot. After spending two days walking around in Boston in near 90 degree weather, I had hoped to be by the water today. However that did not happen. I did manage to get one of the AC units in, thanks to my daughter Emma. But other than an all-too-quickly-interrupted-after-lunch-siesta and a trip to the vet for another puppy check up, it's been a sit-and-sweat day. I hate those.

They happen though when you have to hang around for a kid taking Driver's Ed. There are the necessary driving hours and then the classes which all occur at inconvenient times. Tomorrow there's a late morning car service appointment but I swear, if someone doesn't let me get to water I am going to scream. I'm not picky. I'll take a pool, a lake, or any ocean beach. I'll take a cruise or a swim; it doesn't matter. I am a Pisces after all.

I've done my research for tomorrow's possible adventure. Now I just need to make it happen. I'm heading to the movies with my two favorite guys tonight and that is fine. I'll be out of the heat. But all I know is that I'm not staying inside another day. I'm getting to the water, no matter what.

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea. --Isak Dinesen

No comments:

Post a Comment