Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Crick and a Nuzzle

As days go, today wasn't the greatest. Waking up with a crick in my neck and a dentist appointment did not help the morning. Upon arriving back home, I tried to rally and made the family's favorite dish, the comfort food of chicken pot pie. I even succeeded making no-bake cookies, a sweet I have had some challenges in preparing before. But other than the good food, it was a "blah" day.

Even Ziva had an off day. At puppy class she growled and seemed irritated with the other pups jumping all over her. I took her outside for a little break which helped; she did come around and made the best of her time with other dogs, but she wasn't her normal self. "We all have days like this sometimes, don't we?" the vet said. Yes, definitely.

So, as it came to an end, all I could do was to be patient with myself. Following my lead, Ziva came up on me as I stretched out on the couch tonight. She wasn't satisfied to be at my feet, nor was she content lying at my side. Instead she settled into my neck, her little nose nuzzling my chin.

I suppose it's true what they say, misery loves company. At least when I feel a crick in my neck tomorrow morning, I'll know where it came from. And it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment